How To Lose Lower Belly Fat
How to lose lower belly fat? A tough question with an even tougher answer. Losing belly fat of any kind can be a challenge since there is not really a one-off “method” that can work its magic and give you that flat tummy. You only have to turn on your television to be bombarded with the latest and greatest gimmick that will “make you” you your stomach fat with only 5 minutes a day.
Needless to say, there is a new product every 2 months – and there is a good reason for that. It does not work! Losing belly fat requires you to lose body fat and to lose body fat you need to lose weight. In very basic terms you have to watch your diet and get exercise. These are the two most fundamental aspects of losing body fat. If you are looking for a pill or some miracle diet then you WILL be disappointed – every time.
For most people, especially for women, fat tends to accumulate around the belly area. Lower belly fat is a big problem for women who had children and often times exercise is not even enough to get rid of it. All is not lost though. You really can get that flat sexy stomach but you have to follow some basic guidelines and be absolutely determined to succeed.
Here are some simple tips to help you lose lower belly fat – without gadgets, gimmicks or starvation diets.
1. Stop making it worse. It almost goes without saying but unless you keep adding more and more fat to your belly, your job of stopping it gets even harder – or even impossible. The number one culprit is diet. Stop indulging in foods that are high in saturated fats. Stop indulging in foods that are high in additives and focus on natural foods as much as possible.
2. Posture. When you have lower belly fat you tend to alter your body posture by hunching over. This posture actually weakens your lower abdominal muscles which is not ideal. Maintaining an upright body posture will encourage firming up your abdominal muscles. Always try and tighten your abs when you are sitting and walking. Not only will it make your core stronger but it will help you to lose lower belly fat.
3. Sweat the small stuff. Cardiovascular exercise is the number one way to lose body fat and as we already said, burning body fat will effectively help you burn belly fat. Its crucial that you exercise to the point of sweating and try and maintain it for 30 to 45 minutes at least 5 times a week.
4. Pump some iron. Doing weights is not just for body builders. When you increase your muscle strength and your muscle mass you will increase the demand for energy in your body. This will help you to burn more fat – even when your are not exercising. Try and incorporate a strength training routine into your workouts 3 to 4 times a week. Please not that you do not have to do sit-ups. Basic core exercises will be far more effective in strengthening your abdominal muscles.
5. Think Green. If there is one aspect of your diet that can do wonders for fat loss then its introducing natural foods into your diet. By eating plenty of green vegetables you can assist your body in the natural fat loss process. It will help you to eliminate toxins that increase belly fat as well as give you heaps of energy.
These 5 tips are by no means all you need to know in how to lose lower belly fat but it will give you a great start in losing that fatty pooch that ruin your sex appeal. We all want a flat stomach but if you eat what everybody eats and exercise as little as everybody else does then you will look like everybody else does. In the end you feel good about yourself not just because you look good but also because you made yourself do something difficult – and succeeded.